Image you need to get contacts from the Mac (in vCard format) into a new MS Exchange account, on the face of it this isn’t easy. But, so you know, it’s actually straightforward. Don’t look at the File->Import option, do this:
- Export your contacts from your Mac address book into .vcf format – it will make one big file with them all in
- Open Outlook 2014 for Mac
- Click on the Contacts tab
- Drag and drop the file above onto the Contacts list
- You should see a green + sign, Outlook should then import the contacts
This worked well for me, to take contacts from an old MS Exchange account into the new one.
For reference, I used the Mac address book to export the contacts from the old Exchange account to a .vcf file first. There are few clues on-line that the drag and drop technique above will work, let alone from Microsoft or Apple.